Friday 27 December 2013

"WOYOME" by Jay Melt

Joseph Akrofi popularly known as "Jay Melt" of Mfantsipim School, the hit-maker of "I don't Know, I No They Biz and Gone Too Soon ft. Amma,  has done it again. Jay Melt, has released another hilarious track titled "WOYOME". The single was released on 26th December 2013, this track which is used to cool down the ''KillVille-DopeYard" beef. Jay Melt, in this WOYOME track, Melt spoke about things going in the country which is not good.
HyperActive met Jay Melt and asked him some questions on his new single "WOYOME'.

HyperActive(HA): Melt,What is WOYOME all about?
Jay Melt(JM): Its simply about the judgement debt fraud case. But i chose a humorous concept to blend easy. It reduces risk.
HA: What risk exactly?
JM: Probably (lets pray not) someone might take it the wrong way. And i didn't hide my identity.
HA: What inspired you to do this track.
JM: Frankly, this vac. The harmattan took effect on my wallet. So i became a bit obsessed with money along the line. I've always been up-to-date with Woyome's case, besides, i was touched with sorrow every time i saw people in poverty. It actually popped up when i saw a slum called "Sodom and Gomorra" on my way to Tema from Korle-Bu. So i decided to pour my emotions on a song. And named it "WOYOME' since i see him as a contributor to hard times in Ghana.
HA: Jay,do you have any comments on the "KillVille-DopeYard" beef?
JM: Yeah, i spoke on it on twitter. I hope they settle issues and cope, since they are brothers from one camp. This isn't the the time for grudges. We all need God and each other.
HA: Who is your Role-model?
JM: My role model is Jesus Christ. I still ain't sure if MaC Henry can go through half what he went through.
HA: So what happens after "WOYOME"? New track??
JM: Yeah, a new one. "TRUST GOD".
HA: All your tracks are cool; i don't know, i no they biz, better days, gone too soon and you killed it on the Black and Red cypher.
JM: You've heard all that? You boys they my back oh, e be so. Thank y'all.
HA: Melt, do you have plans for music in your future, or its just an SHS thing?
JM: Yeah, emmm. The music thing is mainly a hobby for now. I am not sure about the future yet. I rap for the love of it, not too much obsessed.
HA: Tell us a little about your style. Its kinda unique.
JM: My style? I don't really like fake accents, so i minimize it and I like playing with words, I listened to Bra Kevin, Wanlov & Mensa, Nas and Cassidy as I grew up, so I came up with my own thing. Some people like it, some don't. I hope my HyperActive boys like it. (lol)
HA: Yeah we do. So any collaborations, if yes. Who?
JM: KyeiMonney, K.ryda, Poizen, Gaeta, Nichy, Boi Pee, Ill Nana, Amma, Swish, AJ Jnr, Boi teeno, Mykel B, Kevin Ye, Yanik, Welsey Graham and Kqee.
HA: Your favorite musicians?
JM: In Ghana, EL and overseas, Cassidy.
HA: Wooow! Are you dating? if yes, who?
JM: Nah, but there is this girl is this girl in my church I have an eye for. Very edible meat.
HA: (looool) So your final words to your fans?
JM: Yeah, to those who have even one track of mine on their cells, and to those who who like my music. I wanna say keep praying for me and I wont let you down, I got your backs. And I will urge all teenagers like me who see this to draw near to Christ and pray more. And study hard. God won't brown your hustle.
HA: Thanks man!
So "WOYOME" is the new sound. Very funny and don't forget to download. Available on your favorite social network soon. The ''WOYOME" man.
Follow Jay Melt on twitter: @i_dont_knoh and follow us on twitter: @hyperactive_gh for more news.


HyperActive.
@hyperactive_gh

1 comment: