Wednesday 12 November 2014

hyperActive (HA): Welcome to #hyperTalk on hyperActive Gh
Jay Yeyo: I'm honored
HA: Who is Yeyo?
Jay Yeyo: I'm that up coming rapper who fears God, apart from him being a rapper and God fearing person, my real name Prince Osei but popularly known as Jay Yeyo, born and raised in a noble family in Tema,where rappers like me exist.
HA: How did rap start for you? Was it an inborn talent or you acquired it?
Jay Yeyo: Umm ok, I must say its an in-built affair, my family loved music, I even started with singing before the rap.
HA: Did your family support it?
Jay Yeyo: Yeah, my mother inspired me, she can sing though. 

HA: How was it like the first day in the booth?
Jay Yeyo: It was awesome. I remember I was with Jay Melt and Poizin/
HA: Talking about Jay Melt.. Are you still part of Jay Bruvas ? And how did Jay Bruvas start?
Jay Yeyo: Jay Bruvas still exist, and it started when just mere friends realized they could be productive than just being together all the time.
HA: Who are the people who started it?
Jay Yeyo: Myself, Jay Melt, Swiss and Fyst
HA: Moving back to Jay Yeyo. What's inspires you to do your music?
Jay Yeyo: The environment really counts, sometimes its about my life and the love I have for music too.
HA: Your music life.. Any struggles ?
Jay Yeyo: It hasn't been easy, trust me but I'm sailing through because I have a God who never fails.
HA: To the biggest one. Best rapper at the high school honors 2014. How did you do that?
Jay Yeyo: (laughs) I just did my part, my God and the lovely fans did it all.
HA: How did you feel when you heard your name?
Jay Yeyo: It felt really good. No two ways about that.
HA: How many songs have you done so far?
Jay Yeyo: I have 15+ songs but released about 8.
HA: Your latest one. "Dey G". What's it all about? A warning to someone?
Jay Yeyo: The trending skit at the moment, "Dey G" has caused alot. And yeah they know themselves, I dont need to disclose anyone.
HA: They've been worrying you eh?
Jay Yeyo: (laughs) They try, but they can't.
HA: How many collaborations so far and with who?
Jay Yeyo: Done a few collaborations though. Von, Penzy, 4sticks and others.Actually, I have a tune with Jay Melt which is not out. It will be released somewhere early next year.
HA: Your performance are the High School honors we saw you with one upcoming musician who is doing very well currently in the Vodafone Icon show. Titi. What is between you two?
Jay Yeyo: (laughs) Titi is a very good friend. The only thing we have in common is "music", I like her though.
HA: Is Jay Yeyo single?
Jay Yeyo: He is.HA: Favorite rapper?
Jay Yeyo: I have no limitation to the rappers I like,but errr I will say M.I, Sarkodie and so on....
HA: What do you do when you are free?
Jay Yeyo: I write alot when I'm freeHA: Rap?
Jay Yeyo: Anything that comes up.It could end up being rap
HA: If you had anything to do apart from rap what will it be?
Jay Yeyo: Get into politics, I can become your President, who knows? (laughs)
HA: That's the vim. Embarrassing moment ever?
Jay Yeyo: I never faced any though. But I only got sad once when I realized I had broken the CD which I was going to use for my performance. It was very bad that day. 
HA: Ands the performance you loved?
Jay Yeyo: Err, the Honors Awards 2014 was awesome with Titi and Frost on stage and I think Mesmerize 2013 at Krobo Girls' was also great.
HA: Is there any upcoming tune? Now that Dey G is done.
Jay Yeyo: Oh yeah, a song that can heal heal wounds. Its coming very soon and it features a lady who's name wont be mentioned.
HA: Boifyst and you. Any thing? Because we see you with him at many events
Jay Yeyo: Boifyst is a brother/photographer I ever had. He has been doing the magic all this while. Not forgetting the team itself. "Unity We".
HA: Unity We? who are those involved?
Jay Yeyo: We are five. ( Boimajor, Banana, Boifyst, Chog and myself)
HA: Your favorite song so far?
Jay Yeyo: (laughs) All of them. But I think Take Over with Von will be on top.
HA: Yeyo. Any final words for your fans?
Jay Yeyo: God bless all those who have supported me since day 1, Jay Bruvas and everyone. You keep supporting my tunes and better things are coming. As they say "Keep Calm and support Jay Yeyo".
HA: Any shoutout?
Jay Yeyo: s/o to God, Jay Bruvas, my fans, love y'all,keep the good work up. And to my uncle who fully supports the move( Mike Okyere),God bless you.Good friends and family, thank you all.I'm humbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment